The Two Sides of Sex
Outside the Boundaries of Marriage
Sex is destructive:
- Emotional pain
- Guilt and shame
- Loss of reputation
Inside the Boundaries of Marriage
Sex is awesome:
- It joins a couple together forever
- It’s guilt free
- It’s worry free
What Does This Mean?
USE self-control and MAKE good choices which guide you to EXPERIENCE sex only within marriage. This will ensure you freedom from the destructive consequences of sex.
In a Relationship?
Take the Time to Evaluate It
Love means wanting the best for another person. It does not mean that you compromise your values or put yourself at risk to satisfy another person’s desires.
THINK ABOUT IT
How do your current relationships match up with this definition of LOVE??
Tips for Creating Healthy Relationships:
- Establish your boundaries
- Demand respect
- Practice integrity
- Remember: Sex is not LOVE. LOVE is not Sex.
Think About Your Future
- Your current sexual behaviors set patterns for future relationships & marriage
- What you want to be able to say to your future spouse about your sexual purity?
- Abstinence isn’t easy. It takes strength, patience, responsibility, and integrity.
- Abstinence is the only choice you have that will leave you with no regrets in your future.
If you have questions or just want to talk with someone about these issues, we’re here for you. Call Options Pregnancy Resource Centers at 757-9645 in Corvallis & 924-0166 in Albany to setup a convenient appointment time. Or connect with us on the web at possiblypregnant.org