“Where do I start?”
Looking for a job can be overwhelming. Here are some tips that can help get you started. Just remember, you don’t have to do everything all at once!
- Don’t limit yourself to online applications. Contact companies directly and don’t be afraid to follow up.
- Keep your resume to one page and stick to work experience that is most relevant to the job you’re applying for.
- Always dress to impress. A good rule of thumb is to wear something that is one step above what the job’s dress code is. For example- if the job’s dress code is business casual, then you should wear something more on the business/formal side for the interview.
- Set goals. For example; dedicate a certain number of hours each week to job searching and/or decide how many jobs you want to apply for each day.
- Use https://www.loopcv.pro/ to automate the job application process for you and provide you with a list of jobs that fit your profile.
- Create a LinkedIn account, update your job history and start connecting with people who are already in the career that you’re interested in.
- While you’re searching for a job, volunteer or find an internship in the field you are interested in (https://www.internships.com/). You can add this to your resume and it will help with networking.
- Use https://novoresume.com/ for easy resume building and templates.
- Have someone you know and trust proofread your resume and/or cover letter. Especially if you know someone who is (or has been) in a hiring manager role before.